Feliz Navidad!!!! :) December 26

Feliz navidad everyone! I hope you guys all had a super great Christmas with your favorite people! My Christmas was definitely a one to remember! Christmas in Guatemala is different, that´s for sure!

This week was filled with tamales and bombas (fireworks)! So first of all, my companion and I made a goal of how many tamales we were going to recieve this weekend... our goal was 6. Wanna know how many are sitting in our fridge right now? 16. 16 tamales are (literally) chilling in the fridge just waiting to be eaten. I´m pretty sure I´m going to come back as a literal tamale due to all of the masa I eat here!! Hahah but everything is so great here, I wouldn´t change it for the world! 

I took a picture with a pig this week and that was probably one the best things ever!! I seriously have the funniest weekly goals. And like the pigs here are HUGE it´s insane. Like 2 weeks ago we were offered the chance to help kill a pig and cook it ourselves.... I kindly declined the offer hahaha. Life is so different here, I seriously wish all of you could just walk around town with me and understand how amazing life is here!!! 

My companion and I took Christmas card pictures this week, and I wish I could send you guys them, they´re my favorite. The other hermanas in my zone all made cards and we all like competed to do the funniest ones. I think Hermana Wright and I won for the most creative that´s for sure!! 

Honestly, not much happened this week. I just now remembered that I had chocolate in my jacket pocket and I washed my clothes this morning... so I´ll let ya know if anything super terrible happens hahaha. 

All I know, is that this mission is the best decision of my entire life. I love learning and growing and just connecting with the people everyday. It´s such a blessing that I have to be able to spread this message of happiness with the people here! I can just feel like power of the Holy Ghost and the reassurance of the truthfulness of the gospel in my life everyday as I testify to the miracles that I have witnessed in my life. I´m super super super thankful to be learning Spanish and to be a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ. I know that Jesus Christ established this church when he was on the earth and now we have the opportunity to learn more about the blessings that come from being obedient followers of Christ! Life is hard, but it´s SO worth it when you´re working toward an eternal family! 

Gracias for all of your help and support in my mission everyday! I can just feel your love as I walk down the cobblestone roads in Guatemala! 

Happy happy holidays and enjoy this special time!

xoxo,
Hermana Pereira 
















No comments:

Post a Comment