January 24 - Dulce Goodbyes



Well, I never ever thought I would get to the end of this super crazy but wonderful adventure of mine! These past 18 months, I have served the Lord will all of my heart, might, mind, and strength. What a pleasure it was for me! I have absolutely LOVED this time wearing a nametag, and sharing it with Jesus Christ´s name... what a gift! 

This past week was actually the best week ever! It still had it´s ups and downs, but yesterday we visited 2 of the girls we´ve been teaching and they told us that they want to get baptized THIS Saturday! It was seriously the coolest thing ever! So I can honestly say that I will be finishing off with a splash! 🐳 I´m so so excited! 

Life in Guatemala has been the best thing in the entire world! I never thought I would have learned so so so much in such a short time. 

Here´s some things I learned:
  1. Life is full of twists and turns (especially on bouncy buses!)
  2. Sometimes a tortilla and salt is all a parasite tummy needs
  3. Cold water showers are better after a long day of walking in the sun!
  4. Animals are friends too 🐢
  5. Rain & plastic shoes 👍 but plastic shoes and slipperly feet 👎
  6. Always look up at the blessings ahead of you 
  7. Friends can really come from ALL over the world!
  8. Everyone just needs a little love every once and a while
  9. If you say "amigo" to someone, they will automatically become your friend and they will NEVER forget it (hint: i think i´ve made like 100 little kid friends just by yelling "adios amigo")
  10. A tortilla can literally turn into 30 different foods
But something so important that I learned, was that everyone here has some type of belief in God and in His Son, Jesus Christ. 

Here´s some testimony strengthening things that I will never forget:
  1. We are God´s children and He loves us more than we will EVER know
  2. Jesus Christ died for each and every one of us so that someday, we can be as great as Him. 
  3. Trust is not given, it is gained. We should all strive for God´s trust!
  4. Our trials are yet a small little piece of Christ´s sacrifice
  5. Even if we only have time to thank God for another day of life and for our food, he is content with us!
  6. We will all one day we reunited with our familes again :)
  7. When we read the scriptures, we are literally searching for answers from our Heavenly Father
  8. We can definitely share the love of our Savior to others so that they can feel joy!
  9. God wants us to be happy, so he´s put us in the exact place where we need to be in this very moment!
  10. When we feel loved, peaceful, grateful, happy, or even warm inside, we are feeling the Spirit of God! 
Thank you for always being such great supporters of mine. I love you all with alllll and I can´t wait to share my little chapín experiences with you! Que Dios les bendiga en este tiempo de sus vidas. Él les ama con TODO se corazón. Y yo también. Gracias por ser mis ejemplos!

Con mucho mucho amor, 
Hermana Pereira





















No comments:

Post a Comment