October 2 - It's Raining Streams!!!

This week somebody told us..."Está lloviendo chorros!" which is like saying "It´s raining buckets! And i literally could not help but laugh... the little sayings that i hear every week are so funny!¨

So this week was SO good! Here´s a little about my missionary life right now:
  • DULCE. She´s so cute. She prays and she goes to church with her best friend (that´s heading on mission!!). She´s super faithful, and she´s looking for the truth in her tough life! Quick prob- Her grandma is a pastor! Please send your hope filled prayers her way! 
  • DULCE (2). Love her. She wears corte (the typical clothing here) and she loves the church. She has more friends in the church here than I do and she just loves learning more about Christ. She´s developing a strong testimony about God and His love for us! 
  • LESLIE. I love this curly haried woman! She´s so fun and she loves the church. She´s always telling us how happy she is when she learns more about God and she´s really starting to understand the purpose of her life!
  • We had a miracle yesterday! So there´s this family that goes to church often and we just found out that one of them isn´t a member! So the first thing we did after the conference was go to their house! We ended up talking and visiting with her for a little bit and we got to talking about why she hasn´t gotten baptized, and her answer was actually kinda funny. She said "Well, I asked my brother if I could get baptized and he said that I had to receive charlas... And he didn´t tell me anything more" And so we immediately invited her to get baptized on the 14th of this month and she said yes! She is now preparing to be baptized! :) 
and much much more! 

I love being am missionary! This week was so great! Conference was such a special expereience for me! It was SO heart touching! I was able to receive answers to my prayers and I really felt the Savior´s love for me! Something I loved is that over and over again we heard that God loves us! And it´s SO true! He truly loves and cares about us! 

Just want to leave you with a scripture that I came across in 1 Nephi 11:17“And I said unto him: I know that he loveth his children; nevertheless, I do not know the meaning of all things.”

Just like how Elder Anderson said in the last session of General Conference this past weekend. we may not know it, but we know enough! 

Love the Lord and He will direct your rumpy road! 

Love you all more than the amount of plantains that I´ve eaten!!!,

Hermana Pereira










No comments:

Post a Comment