One Month Down, 17 to go!!! - August 31


Wow! It´s so crazy how time works when you´re on a mission, I definitely feel like it´s been a century and a half since I left! This week was probably the second longest week here and I have no idea why, I guess the new missionaries really messed up my quick weeks!

We got new Latina roommates this week! They´re super sweet (when I understand what they´re saying lol). It´s been so awesome getting to speak Spanish as much as possible! I´m definitely learning to love and understand the language the longer I´m here!

Nothing too crazy happened this week... my district is still so great, we moved classrooms, and I still continue to eat ice cream every single day. Life is pretty great when you have the opportunity to eat chocolate everyday! ;) 

Our investigators are going great! Tomás is doing so great, we are still struggling with finding his need, BUT yesterday he told us that he wants to get baptized more and more each day! Both my companion and I are excited to progress with him! We got a new investigator this week, her name is Margarita! She´s Catholic and she wants to find the true church, but she struggles with obeying commandments. My comp and I have a pretty good idea what her wants and needs are and we are praying that we can commit her to baptism this week! Usually, Hermana Proctor and I are a lot better working with hermanas than we do hermanos!

Sundays are the absolute BEST here! They´re just super spiritual and we get to speak más inglés!! My companion and I had to give a Relief Society lesson on Knowledge, Light, and Truth! It went really really well considering we weren´t very prepared! Although, it was so great reminding ourselves how important the Light of Christ is in our lives! 

In other news, I continue to lose weight, which is always a plus BUT my rings aren´t fitting on my fingers anymore :( And it´s also weird considering that I eat ice cream everyday... but, I´m definitely not complaining about the lost pounds hahaha

Today has been a pretty good day so far! I´m bummed because the temple is closed today, so we all went out with our super cute yellow Mormon Helping Hands vests, and swept the dirt roads & did service for the church grounds!! My district and I kept saying "Gracias por la oportunidad para servir la gente de Guatemala" over, and over and over again, it was SO funny. We are all so comfortable with each other and I love them all SO much!! 

I´m so grateful to be a missionary and to be here learning a whole new language! I definitely have grown so much in the past month and I cannot wait to see what the future has in store for me! I continue to pray for each and every one of you and I´m SO happy to see your supportive emails in my inbox! I wish I could reply to all of you! I seriously love being a missionary and all of the blessings that come with being an obedient follower of Christ! I challenge all of you to pray tonight and thank Heavenly Father for the thousands of blessings that he blesses each of you with every single day! I know that through prayer, you will feel so much peace and joy in your life! 

love you all! xoxo
hermana pereiraaa

No comments:

Post a Comment