We heard from our Girl! - August 10



Guatemala City Temple

After waiting 8 LONG days, Jenny's PDAY came and we got our first email AND we got to "chat" with her for an hour via email.  It's not the same as hearing her voice, but I know that I will live for these email chat sessions for the next year and a half.  This is the main letter she sent out.  I got lots more details while we emailed back and forth and I got to tell her I love her WAY too many times!  She sounds healthy and happy.  She says the food is delicious and she is super busy.  She loved going to the temple in Guatemala City and was shocked to see guards with machine guns outside, but she said they smile at her cuz she says hello and waves and they tell her she's pretty!  Whatever works, I suppose.  I was bummed to find out there would be No PHOTOS sent during her time in the Guatemala Missionary Training Center (CCM), but it will be fun to get them in a little over a month.

Wednesday, August 10, 2016 

FELIZ NAVIDAD!!

P-day is like Christmas here and its seriously the best!! I already apologize for my terrible spelling because I'm on a Spanish keyboard! haha! 

So the first day in the CCM (Centro de Capacitacion Misional) was seriously THE LONGEST day of my entire life!! But everyday since then has flown by!! I'm so happy to be here and it's amazing how much I've grown in just 1 week!! 

I already know how to pray, bear my testimony, AND GIVE A LESSON in SPANISH!!! It's amazing what you can learn if you have enough faith in yourself!

My companion is Sister Proctor. She's from Texas and she's such a sweetheart and I'm so so lucky to have her! We have already taught Cristina (our fake investigator) 4 lessons!!! Trying to express all of your feelings in Spanish is probably one of the hardest things I've ever done. BUT the gift of tongues is SO real!! 

Quick little PS. I saw Bryce Peacock and I got SO excited! It's so nice knowing someone here!

I hope you all are having a great week! I wish I could send you pictures of what its been like but there's a strict no sending pictures so can't wait until I can send pics in 5 weeks! hahaha

Make good decisions and choose the right! I love and miss all of you SO much!!

Email me please please please!!

BYEEE!!!

Love,
Hermana Pereira

P.S.  My P-days are most likely going to be every Wednesday for the next 5 weeks around this time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment